Sunday, November 24, 2019

Done

written: November 16

Photo 595/1001

0595

Currently reading…for the past year or so. ::laughs::

Well, I made the decision today. I accepted the F.B. Library job offer. I’ve gone ahead and done all the paperwork required online. All that is left now is to do the in-person paperwork on December 2nd. I went ahead and emailed my letter of resignation to my bosses. My last day at the after school program will be Nov 29th (technically). But because we have that entire week off for Thanksgiving, my last actual day with the students will be November 22nd. And I can already tell, I’m going to cry on the drive home that day.

I will need to email the Da. Library, the Co. Library, and the F.M. Library and let them know that I’m grateful for the opportunity to interview at their respective libraries but that I have accepted a position elsewhere. Gotta stay in their good graces just in case they have something in the future that fits better for me. ::smiles:: And the Library community is very tight knit, so staying in their good graces could also open up other doors elsewhere for me.

Holy crap, my director at the after school program has already emailed me back about my resignation. It’s a Saturday, so I wasn’t expecting anything from her. But it seems all positive. So that’s how I’m going to handle it for sure. I never know what to expect from this boss – either Best Friend or Stab You In The Back is her MO. So for now, I’ll play along and do my best to keep it in the Best Friend zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment