Sunday, November 17, 2019

So Much Peoples

written:  November 6

Photo 585/1001

0585

A cool Mothra (from Godzilla) toy that Liam P. (former after school program kiddo) stopped by to give me today totally out of the blue. ::smiles::

Long, long day today.
I had a good interview at the Co. Library this morning. Honestly, given the city it is in, I really was expecting it to be so much larger. But it is an awesome library. It was certainly a fun interview. I would certainly enjoy working there. So fingers crossed. This would be another awesome library to work at, and the pay is NICE.

Then at 2 pm, I had my meeting with Lisa C. (the head of the BIC program). We’re modifying the point system we have been using for Jackson because it just isn’t working. Now, instead of points, it is a simple yes or no for three sections. If all three are yes, then he gets a little bag of skittles. If there was a single no, then no skittles.

THEN was the meeting with the parents, our BIC aide, my supervisor, and myself. Honestly…it was a waste of time. It was a meeting in which, my supervisor is basically telling the parents all the things we are working on with Jackson. It was a meeting in which my supervisor basically bent over and kissed their asses the entire time. ::shakes her head:: Utterly worthless.

BUT. When I came home, I had an email waiting for me. The Library Director from the F.B. Library had emailed me directly, telling me that they have a full-time position available and to see if I was interested in applying for it. She even included the direct link for the application. I took that as a huge sign that they were impressed with me in the first interview (for a part-time position that they felt I was over qualified for), and jumped on the chance to apply for that library again. Seriously, it’s one of my favorites thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment