Sunday, November 24, 2019

Final Day

written: November 22

Photo 601/1001

0601

My staff put together THE PERFECT goody basket for me. Like, seriously. It has all of my favorite snacks and drinks.
  • Mocha Frappuccinos
  • Vanilla cream cookies
  • White chocolate flips
  • Garlic rye chips
  • Confetti cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes
  • and $25 in gift cards to Starbucks – Jess got 5 different cards because she knows I collect them
And the card they all signed, they wrote the most kind things. Well, except for Victoria – she just signed her name. Whatever. ::laughs::

Honestly, it was a really good day for my final day at the after school program. I had a number of previous students come back and visit me as well, because they had heard it was my last day.

The whole McKenzie family came out to see me. Mom, Dad, D. (who is now in the 9th grade and taller than me), C., and S. (their 2 year old sister).

IMG_5114

I will seriously miss all my kiddos. But there are always specific families that I bonded with more than the others, and this is one of those families. Dad joked that I needed to start working on my Doctorate’s so I could then come back and help them raise S. I’ve had their two boys kinder through 5th grade.

I was able to keep myself together until I got home and started reading all of the cards the various parents gave me. The day was just way too crazy to open the cards and presents as I received them, so I waited until I got home. There were already tons of tears on the parents’ and students’ parts. The cards would have definitely had me crying as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment