Sunday, April 1, 2018

Witchy Tag

Photo for today:

20180401_154024

My lovely new wand chilling in the window after her blessing, to absorb all that fun Blue Moon energy.

She’s made of a deer leg bone and the gemstone at the tip is a rutilated smoky quartz point. I love how she feels in my hand. Can’t wait to actually USE her in ritual soon. I’m hoping this will jump start my ritual making again. I’ve been so very lax in it.

Today is Lil Niece’s 2nd birthday. I sent her Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You See? Sound book, by Bill Martin, Jr. Mom says it’s Lil Niece’s new favorite book. ::smiles:: So I did a good job on that one. I have another one that I will send Lil Nephew for his birthday in August.

Tas, one of the ladies in the Cauldron group (whom I have a slight witchy crush on), posted a “getting to know you witchy tag” on the group. And I’m thinking I might actually do a video response (she did the tag as a video in the group). But I figured I would answer the questions here as well.

1) What type of a witch are you?
I’m hella eclectic. I’m a mashup of bone, fauna, storm, chaos witch. I started out Wiccan, but have swiftly left that Path.
2) Who are your deities?
Anyone who has read me for a while now knows I am dedicated to Sekhmet, the Egyptian sun goddess of war, divine protection, plagues, and healing. I also work with the Harpies and various other spirits. I tip my hat to Cernunnos (Celtic horned god of the wilds), Set (Egyptian storm deity), and Lucifer (the Enlightened One), but I do not worship any male deities. I will work with them, and I will show respect, but very rarely are they invited into my rituals.
3) What is your favorite crystal?
Hands down, Galaxite. I picked up a palm stone from Sage Goddess ages ago on a whim and I have been completely smitten ever since. That stone is always in my pocket anytime I leave the house. I also really like Larvikite. I would love to get a palm stone of that soon.
4) Favorite magickal tool?
My athame. I’ve had a handful of them over the 20+ years I’ve been practicing, but I can say without a doubt that my current one is The Athame ™ for me. She’s a hefty beast of Damascus steel and buffalo horn handle. She has serious weight to her, and her steel is very sharp, and I can just feel the power humming through her. Love, love, love her. And I’m getting similar feeling with the wand. Now I just have to get to know this new tool of mine.
5) Favorite method of divination?
I prefer reading animal messages – each animal has its own meaning, and those meanings can be deciphered. Other than that, I love using the Jade Oracle Deck. It’s one of my favorite decks.

No comments:

Post a Comment