Monday, April 23, 2018

Snakes & 13 Reasons

Photo 23/1001

20180423_191142 

Just a small comparison.
The “little” screen top is from Leviathan’s old tank.
The BIG screen is the new tank.
I need to get photos of her new tank, but I’m letting Leviathan get acclimated to it right now.
I need more tank decor, because her tank looks so BARE with what she currently has!

I think I’ve finally found a tattoo idea that I like. I was contemplating the semi-colon as a symbol of the fact that my mental health struggles do not define me. but it’s a rather well-known symbol and not one I think I will want to field the questions on. And besides, it doesn’t hold a whole lot of personal meaning for me. but a rope with a knot at the end does.

It’s from the book A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. One of the guys in the book told the main character – that when you find yourself at the end of your rope – tie a knot and just hold on. That simple concept – just hold on – has saved my life more times than I can count. So I’m thinking a stylized rope knot on my wrist, to remind me to just hold on in the dark times. It means worlds more to me than a semi-colon. No clue when I’ll actually get the tattoo yet, but it’s definitely on my list now.

Yeah, all this morbid thinking is due to finishing 13 Reasons Why before work. I’m glad I read the book, but I will not be watching the series on Netflix. I’m surprisingly ok mentally after reading it. I promised myself that if it got too intense for me, I did not have to finish it. I swear, people hyped it up so much, that I kind of expected to bottom out while reading it. maybe the Netflix series is way more intense than the book was? Maybe it’s more intense for high schoolers than for me at 36? Maybe it’s more intense for others who haven’t gone through all of that and have made it out on the other side?

No comments:

Post a Comment