Sunday, April 15, 2018

Fraud

written: April 14th

Photo 14/1001

20180415_000549 

I Am the Storm requested nail polish photos, and I was already in bed, so this is my “oh shit, I forgot to take a photo today” picture. ::laughs::

This is Diablo by ILNP. It was a surprise gift out of the blue from Wendy, a pen pal of mine. Now I’m just waiting for “By Nighfall” to arrive so I can try it out. I have learned that as long as I keep my nails very short (they are super brittle and crack/flake all the time), I can keep nail polish on them relatively well. Well, at least I can keep ILNP nail polish on them. The 99 cent polish doesn’t stay. ::laughs::

David had to work today (and will work tomorrow as well), and as much as I adore my husband, it was so nice to have the house to myself for 6 hours today. He’s been on vacation the past week and a half, so he was ALWAYS home. I need my quiet time, and he loves having music playing all the time.

I’ve been suffering from Imposter Syndrome all week and I know really know why. Work has been stressful, yes, but no more than usual. And I’ve received a number of compliments/praises on how good of a job I do running my program. But I just felt like a fraud the whole time. I don’t know. It just seemed like the more people complimented me on a job well done, or on having my life together, or having accomplished things with my life – the less I felt like it was true.

I assure you, my life always has a low level of chaos. That’s where I tend to thrive. ::chuckles:: This is just a new layer of chaos.

I am just so ready for this semester to be OVER. I’m burnt out on my classes and am struggling to push through to the end.

Well, my Informational Book Evaluation isn’t going to write itself….

No comments:

Post a Comment