Wednesday, April 11, 2018

4,380

Photo 11/1001

20180411_210454 

I do believe I have found my Harpy devotional artwork – this is “Night Wing” by the artist Roger Dean. I received this postcard in a huge grab-bag I ordered from Pomegranate Communications. I definitely want to get a larger copy of the art work to put in my Grimoire/Book of Shadows, or to possibly frame and hang up. I love it so much!

In other news, today is my 12th anniversary of being free from self-inflicted injury behavior. Am I cured? Fuck no. ::laughs:: The past few years have certainly taught me that. I’m not sure I’ll ever be completely free from the impulse to cut, but I am working more on acknowledging the impulse and then letting go. I’m sure as shit not perfect at it. I love to dwell on things. But this is my current method of managing the desire to self-harm, and thus far, I’ve made it 12 solid years. I’ve gone 4,380 days since the last time I put a mark on my body.

I’ve opted to hold off on my annual celebration until this weekend. I’ve just got way too much homework, writing, and reading to do currently. Hubs works this weekend, so I’ll have 5 hours Saturday and 5 hours Sunday of peace and quiet. That’s when I’ll do my lil celebration. Sushi! And birthday candles in honor of the 12 years. ::smiles:: Now I just have to buckle down and get all my school work done so the weekend is actually MINE to enjoy.

It’s looking like I just might get a daffodil blossom this year! I’m so excited. It should fully open in the new few days. Rosebush is hitting critical mass. Soon it’s going to be completely weighed down with blossoms. And the lilies are starting to show that they will be blooming soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment