Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Books & Money

written: April 17th

Photo 17/1001

20180417_131304 

My reading buddy. I’m currently reading The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood. It’s an easy read, the writing style pulls you in quite nicely. But I do not enjoy reading from the perspective of one those “Shunned Creepy Ass Male who then Seeks Violent Revenge on Those Females Who Didn’t Find Him Attractive”. ::shudders:: I see more than enough of that bullshit enraged males in the news, when they go on their standard murderous rampage. Not as bad as The Kingdom of Little Wounds, by Susan Cokal, but I definitely wish brain soap was a real thing.

I really need to sit down and take a good hard look at my finances. I’m not struggling or anything. But I need to get aggressive on squaring away whatever debt I can before summer gets here. Summertime is my lean money time. My pay for the summer tech job is better than any other summer temp job I could land short notice, but the pay is still well below what I make at the after school program. So I have a few lingering debts that aren’t major. I just haven’t been quite as aggressive paying them off as I should have been. And if I’m really going to be making this Vision Quest happen next summer, then I’ve got to square away all the debt possible AND be aggressively saving towards that.

No comments:

Post a Comment