Monday, April 30, 2018

Beltane with Hazel

written: April 29th

Photo 29/1001

20180429_183132 

All the pretty evening primroses at Hazel’s house.

Yep, ended up over at her house, totally spur of the moment for a super impromptu Beltane/Full Moon ritual. I am certainly out of practice on Casting the Circle and Calling the Quarters, but man, it felt so good to do so. I even brought my wand along and used her in her first ritual since her awakening. I was planning on bringing her, but she was pretty damn insistent. ::chuckles::

Granted, I still prefer my athame over the wand, but the wand will make a great substitute for the times I cannot use my athame. And the wand is easier to travel with as well. People tend to get a little nervous when you are waving a 13-inch blade around. But not so nervous with a simple wand.

Man, I’ve missed hanging out with Hazel and doing ritual with her. Don’t get me wrong – I adore my solo rituals where I go 100% by my gut. But having another person present makes me think more about what I’m doing and why, and making sure to include her view points as well. And then we just sat and chilled and talked in Circle and it was just awesome.

So yeah, it sucked that we didn’t get to go to the big public Beltane ritual, but it was still awesome all the same. ::smiles:: And there is always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment