Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Selfie

written: April 10th

Photo 10/1001:

20180410_195951 

Another of my 1001 goals is to take a selfie on every 10th of the month (since my birthday is November 10th), so here’s me and one of my most treasured Pagan tools.

I was really NOT feeling too photogenic today, so I played a bit with the lighting and the filters. I was originally planning to make it a black and white photo, but I like how this one turned out.

Today was WORLDS better than yesterday.
My new guy started – Anthony. He’s a high schooler – about 4 inches taller than me and at LEAST 60 pounds lighter (if not more) than me. ::laughs:: But he seems to do a pretty good job his first day on the job. God, I HOPE so. I’m not sure how much I’ll actually train him. He’s going to A&M for college, so he won’t be here after this school year. So I’ve got him for about 9 weeks.

One of my students came up to me and asked if licking pure lavender essential oil was a bad thing. ::sighs:: The students had only been at the after school program for about 10 minutes at this point. Needless to say, I was a bit worried about how the rest of the day was going to go. ::chuckles:: Thankfully, that was the worst the day threw out me. Hell, all the kids were gone by 5:55 pm which is unusual for us. All the staff left by 6 pm, and I stayed, puttering around, catching up on paperwork. It was so nice to actually ACCOMPLISH things the same day I STARTED them. AMAZING.

I had asked Hubs to pick up some potting soil for me, so I could transplant the veggies and move around my daffodils. He picked up two bags and I thanked him. He told me “I would have thought Lowes would have a better selection of dirt bags”. ::laughs:: Man, I totally love that guy.

So hopefully, tomorrow, I can get the soil into the various planters and move over the veggies and plant a few more. I only have three of each of the veggies that have sprouted thus far. But I’m hoping with the bigger planters, the veggies will be happier. And right now, the veggies have to stay indoors, as Texas seems to enjoy dipping down into the 40s every weekend. ::shakes her head:: Damn crazy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment