Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Photo 12/1001

20180412_123702 

One of my daffodils BLOOMED!!!! Isn’t she gorgeous??? And a few others are looking like they may bloom as well.

I am thankful…
1. Paula graciously gave me some of the purple irises she picked up today. I have those planted in the front yard in front of the window that has a massive bare spot. I hope to plant some other things there as well, but this is a good start.
2. That my daffodils, lilies, and roses are all doing so well. I used to be terrible at keeping plants alive, but ever since Paula gave me the rosebush, I’m doing really well with them.
3. Lil Nephew’s plastic snakes arrived today (MUCH earlier than anticipated). Now, I just have to wait until August for his birthday! I just need to wrap his gifts between now and then.
4. I have the classes for next semester squared away. Just two more semesters left.
5. Celebrated 12 years free from self-inflicted injury. Onwards to another 12 years free!
6. My new permanent aide started on Tuesday – Anthony – and he seems to have good instincts on how to interact with the students.
7. All the amazingly awesome subs we’ve gotten on my campus over this semester. They have really brought in new insights into how to run things and I’m always grateful for that.
8. Cinnamon toast in the mornings (and sometimes the evenings as well)
9. Pleasant weather – even with the weekly storms (or just the threats of storms). Thus far, most of petered out before hitting us.
10. Much more stable mentally. I’m glad I’m coming out of hibernation, it seems, and am coming back to life. I’ve missed my bad-ass self and it’s wonderful to have her back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment