Monday, April 16, 2018

Vision Quest ramblings

Photo 16/1001

20180416_130228 

Sleepy puppy after a long walk this afternoon.
Isn’t she adorable? I love her when she’s sleeping. ::chuckles::

Seems the Universe is listening intently to me again. Always a little disconcerting when It does that.
I set the intention last night that I would do my Vision Quest next summer. It’s after grad school will be done. I have the time between now and then to save up the money and gather the supplies required for the Quest.

I don’t set major goals most of the time. I set them very half-assed because I never know how my life is going to switch gears and what direction it may take me at any given time. But this one, this one I felt in my core. I kept putting off going on a 2nd Quest (I’ve already done one previously), always saying “next year” and next year never seemed to roll around. But next summer will be the perfect time. I will be finished with my Master’s degree. I figure I would spend that summer applying for library-based jobs. With such a milestone achieved and a massive change in my career field, a Vision Quest just seems perfect.

This year’s Vision Quest runs from August 7th through August 12th. I plan to do prayers and tobacco offerings each day for those Questing and Supporting the Questers. Might even create a candle specifically for this to light while I am home.

I wonder if I will have any Vision Quest related dreams this time around? Months before I did my first Quest, I had a super powerful dream surrounding my Quest. Eagle came and gave me two specific feathers and a specific name. I ended up making the feathers I saw in my dream and attaching them to the prayer staff I had for my Quest.

Ah yes, to answer the whole “Seems the Universe is listening” beginning of this entry. So I was planning and plotting all of this last night. Checking the group I’ve done my previous Vision Quest through website to see if they had any information on next year’s dates for their Vision Quest. They hadn’t updated since 2017, so it was little disheartening. But I continued to research what I could.

And then today…I get an email out of the blue about this year’s Vision Quest and they’ve updated the website now for this year’s Vision Quest. It just seems that it’s a Cosmic Nod in my direction in support of my intention for next summer’s Quest. Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment