Saturday, December 30, 2017

Year End Plans

Photo for today:

20171230_124527 

I liked the cancellation stamp on my postcard from Denmark (sent by a Polish woman via Postcrossing).

Cold day here…though warmer than it was yesterday. In theory, we’re supposed to get snow/sleet tomorrow.

I still haven’t done my Yule ritual or Tabula Rasa ritual. At this point, it’s just not going to be nice enough outside to have a fire in the fire pit. Instead, I’ll move the speakers and have a fire in the fireplace. It isn’t my first choice, but hey, at least I HAVE a 2nd option. ::chuckles::

Shinga, a fun acquaintance (it’s hard to explain – I had a one night stand with her husband, back when I was single and before he was with Shinga – not that it would matter at this point to her; they’re poly), talked about what she did last New Year’s Eve and I like the idea. She got nekkid, made a fire in her fire place, wrote down all the things of 2016 she wanted to be rid of on a piece of paper…she then tore the paper into shreds and fed them to the fire, singing a little song of her own. And I just LOVE the idea. It would mesh quite nicely with the Tabula Rasa ritual – I have to do an inventory of the past year for it. The high points and the low points. So I know all the crap and muck of 2017, so it would be quite easy to simply write those down on a piece of paper and shred and burn them completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment