Wednesday, December 20, 2017

More Surprise Gifts

written: December 19th

Photo for today:

20171219_150319 

Gift from one of my students – Emma. I’ve had her in my after school program since she was a kindergartner and she’s now a 5th grader – so she knows me so well. ::chuckles:: A Starbucks’ Frappuccino (because I drink them every day), little box of Dots (my favorite candy), and a word art in the shape of a snake. ::chuckles:: I just love it.

AND, I got another surprise gift in the mail. This time from John. He sent me an awesome gift of papyrus – ten blank sheets and a set of papyrus bookmarks. Such an awesome surprise. I truly have some of the most amazing friends.

I am thinking the papyrus would be fun to write petitions, prayers, and praises to Sekhmet on, and then burn them in the fire pit once it’s going. Definitely has a lot of fun magickal applications I can use it for.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Angie sent her World Renowned Christmas Treat Box yesterday. I LOVE her amazing box of treats – and she kindly sent treats for Josey as well. All homemade. Just amazing. I secreted away the sandtart cookies and the sugared almonds. Everything else is fair game for the husband. ::chuckles::

I had my “evaluation” today with Esmeralda. It went very well. I just hate it when they ask me “what are your goals for the next semester”? ::sighs:: Shit, I’m just trying to fucking survive here. And it sucks, because I know come the beginning of the next school year? I will be back as fucking square one. I swear I will lose my shit if Jess quits before I do. ::laughs:: As of right now, we are slated to graduate at the same time – her with her bachelors, and me with my Masters. Honestly…I feel so sorry for whomever gets my campus when me and Jess leave. Those students are going to be so heartbroken.

But no sense in dwelling on that. It’s a year and a half away at best. Might as well enjoy the semester with my students that are right in front of me. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment