Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day

Photo for today:

20171225_214631 

Merry Christmas! David decided that he needed to put up the Christmas lights today. ::chuckles:: I love my nut of a husband. I’m putting a reminder on the calendar for next year to get the Christmas decorations out at the end of November so we can enjoy them the entire month of December next year. And I want to get a better jump start on holiday baking as well.

I spent the day making notes for each month this past year – gearing up for my Tabula Rasa ritual soon. And the running theme I see each month is me just squeaking by…just surviving. And it just sucks, just surviving. I want to do better in 2018.

I’ve found my Word of Power for 2018 – and it’s totally out of character for me. ::chuckles:: Which I like. But I will hold off on talking about it until January 1st. Just need to find a totem now for 2018. And while I have my 36 goals for my 36th year already made and I’m already working on them…I am thinking of making 2 to 4 New Year’s Resolutions – ya know, for shits and giggles.

Hard to believe that 2017 is coming to a close. And that I’ve done a photo a day AND a blog post a day the entire time. I am on the fence if I’m going to continue it through 2018 or not. It’s been fun and it’s been a challenge, but I feel that my writing has been so much more surface based and shallow. That I was striving more for the quantity than quality. Though it certainly made it easier to keep up with my 10 year journal. ::chuckles::

Onwards and upwards.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you and David had a great holiday. I also have been feeling like I eeked by on things. My goal is to do things differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope 2018 is better for you as well. :) May we both thrive more than simply survive. :D

      Delete