Friday, December 22, 2017

Party & Collections

written: December 20th

Photo for today:

Inked20171220_214652_LI 

My husband won Employee of the Year at his job this year! He’s now set the company record for winning it THREE times – the most any employee ever has.

Today was our Winter Break Party. We do ours the day BEFORE the last day, that way hopefully on the last day, the kids will opt to just go home with their parents after their classroom parties and we don’t have kids lingering for our party. ::chuckles:: All about those kids just going home as soon as possible on the last day before Break!

So pizza, chips, soda, and a cinnamon roll for “snack”. Then Jess set up a number of games for the kids to play. Carli and Allison (previous aides) stopped by to say hello to all the kids and hang out for a bit (they are on Winter Break from college).

Once David was home, we headed over to Starbucks to pick up gift cards and drinks. I collect Starbucks gift cards – I love that they have a wide array of seasonal gift cards. So I try to get all of ‘em each time. I keep them in a nice leather business card holder. So far, I’ve filled one up completely and almost half way through a second one. It’s one of those odd little things that I just love collecting. ::chuckles:: I’ve been photographing the current Winter Themed ones I have, so when I go in the store, I know which ones I’m missing. ::chuckles:: Gotta love that obsessive part of my lil brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment