Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Diagnosis Thoughts

written: December 11th

Photo for today:

20171211_122522 

Lovely winter scene on a postcard I received today from Germany via Postcrossing. ::smiles:: I am so glad Deina turned me onto Postcrossing. I just love it.

So I posted on Facebook about the thought that crossed my mind that maybe I was misdiagnosed as Bipolar when I may have ADHD instead. And it’s amazing how people wanted to tell me not to let a label define me. I’m not looking for a definition…I’m looking for better information to help me find a way to survived. No, survive is too weak of a word. That is what I am doing currently – just surviving. And I’m tired of just surviving. I want to THRIVE already. And if a different diagnosis can aid in that? I will seize that life-raft and not look back.

I do a really good job in masking my pain. I am really good at faking it. Most people don’t even realize how badly I am struggling until I break completely. I am trying to be more honest with myself about how badly I am doing. I am just tired of doing all of that. I just want it to not be such a struggle. I’m tired of always fighting to keep my head above water. I think I’ve fucking earned a goddamn life-raft at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment