Friday, December 22, 2017

Early Release Day

written: December 21st

Photo for today:

20171221_133911 

Cute sign in the Teacher’s Lounge today.

Early Release Day: which means MY day started at 11:15 am instead of the normal 2:15 pm…..and went all the way until 6:30 pm. LONG FUCKING DAY.

Oh, and guess who started her MoonTime on said long ass work day? Yep, this chick right here. And guess who forgot the Midol at home? ::grumbles:: At least I remembered to pack pads just in case! ::sighs:: So, somewhat of a win.

Honestly, it really wasn’t that terrible of a day. About a third of the students went home with their parents after their classroom parties, and didn’t even come to the after school program. And by 5:15 (when we do 2nd snack), we in the single digits for students. Hell, we had the down time that Jess took it upon herself to clean and reorganize our closet once more. AND we are giving some of our games to Paula’s campus. ::grins:: They are games that our students aren’t interested in or are a complete pain in the ass for our campus, so they are going somewhere else. ::laughs:: I’ll set up a time sometime over Winter Break to drop them off with Paula.

Oh…totally forgot one super CRAPPY part of the day….one student’s projectile vomiting. Yeah, that was friggin awesome. And of course, this happened right after the custodians had left on break. ::chuckles and shakes her head:: So I got to clean it 100% up. BUT, it got done. Brynnan got picked up pretty quickly after that, and the work day was calmer. I do hope she gets to feeling better.

I got all of the end of the week / end of the month paperwork completed and turned in. AND I got the new time sheets made…as Laina let me know that she had been offered a full time position at the school she was doing her morning internship at…which means she will not be back to the after school program come January. ::sighs:: Sucks for us, but I’m happy for her.

So the plan now is Friday is 100% whatever I want to do.
Saturday will be cleaning day.
Sunday, Josey goes to doggie day camp and my Mom is coming up. We’ll do lunch at Red Robin and just hang out.
After that, I am thinking a deep cleaning of my room and closet of doom.

I need to do my Yule ritual.
And my Tabula Rasa ritual.

But most of all….I need to fucking relax and decompress. ::chuckles:: I’ve fucking earned that!

No comments:

Post a Comment