Thursday, December 28, 2017

Girlie

written: December 27th

Photo for today:

20171227_202024 

Yeah, so I did a girlie thing! I can’t recall the last time I painted my finger nails. Granted, I paint my toe nails every month, but my finger nails? Yeah, that hasn’t happened in ages. But this is a gift from Wendy (my pen pal) – it’s called “Diablo”. So I’m rocking for now.

My nails are thin and brittle, so unless I got acrylic nails done, nail polish doesn’t tend to stay very long. ::chuckles:: But I figure my nails don’t have to stay perfect for me to still enjoy them. And when they chip and all that jazz, it’s because I’ve been busy using my hands. And that’s a good thing. So I’m just rolling with it. ::smiles::

David came home early today. So I wasn’t able to make my Walmart run. I’ll be celebrating a super belated Yule ritual and combining it with my Tabula Rasa ritual. It’s hard to believe that 2017 is almost done – just 4 more days. Wow.

I’ve got my Word for 2018. Still kicking around a few ideas for resolutions – just waiting for them to fully crystallize. Now I just need the Totem to show up and then I’ll be set for 2018 to begin.

And surprise of all surprises – a new deity has been slowly circling me – Brigid. Everything I’ve been reading lately has circled back to her. I haven’t worked with a different goddess since dedicating to Sekhmet back in 1997 or so. So this is new territory for me…especially a deity that has been so Christianized as well. But given that Brigid is a Fire goddess, maybe it isn’t too big of leap. I’ll just have to see where this all leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment