Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Crash & Burn

written:  December 4th

Today started off AMAZING.
And then just crashed and burned and burned and BURNED.
::chuckles::

#WinterSolsticeChallenge: Day 4: Good Morning



20171204_112627My trade with Kate arrived today and look at everything she included! I purchased “Banish” scented oil from Sage Goddess and when it arrived, I damn near threw up from the smell. Soooooo much black licorice. ::gags:: So Kate offered to trade her bottle of “Hecate” for it. And everything thing else in this photo, she included as a gift. Wow! And I love “Hecate” – soooooo much better than “Banish”.
And then Wendy (my pen pal) surprised me by ordering me a nail polish I was admiring on Facebook. I had tagged another friend on it because it’s called “Oxblood” which is Mary’s favorite fountain pen ink to use. The nail polish was a huge surprise as Wendy had been mum on the entire thing until it showed up. Can’t wait to use it.

My Christmas photo cards I made through Shutterfly also showed up. And they are AWESOME. So I spent most of the evening addressing, stamping, washi taping those all up and getting them ready to mail out.

My selenite directional pillar from Sage Goddess also arrived. Apparently I REALLY didn’t read the description of the time, as I THOUGHT I was getting a 4 piece set – one with each directional word (East, South, West, North) carved into it. Instead…I got ONE pillar, with the words carved into each side. Disappointing for sure, but I really only have myself to blame for that. So, I decided to put it over by the lil Wolf Altar by my bed with the word “West” facing my bed. West is the direction for dreams and dreamtime and selenite is good for clearing out negativity, so that’s where it’s currently chillin.

Then on to work….where the day decided to implode, explode, and burn a fiery death. Honestly, I don’t even want to go into all the details. Suffice it to say:
• My new aide did not start today
• We did not get a sub, so we were short staffed (as per usual)
• The log out computer for the parents to use – yeah, when you touched the screen (because it’s a touch screen computer), it would go to sleep and then boot back up, and I would have to log back into the computer.
• When I called Esmeralda about it (I had already been in contact with my Campus Tech and we had a game plan) she was snotty as hell to me, interrupted me, and was just all around rude as shit.
• Alexia – yeah…there really isn’t any need to say anything more than her name. She was there…she was her typical, self-centered, high school brat self.
• Sooooooo many melt downs from various students.

Luckily, I was able to get home, relax for a bit before my husband got home. We grabbed Chick-fil-a (we usually do that on Tuesdays, but I wanted the treat TODAY) and finished watching The Kingdom and started Clash of the Titans. I addressed Christmas cards. A GORGEOUS lightning storm rolled through with a bit of rain.

I have my meeting with HR in the morning and while I was doing my prayers to the Harpies, asking for Divine Justice and Protection, the rainstorm kicked back up. I’m taking that as a good sign (Harpies are storm spirits).

So yeah, a GREAT morning, SHITTY day, then MELLOW evening. Hopefully we’ve got all that bullshit out of our system now, and the rest of the week can be calmer.

Oh, and I got the email from Janice (Program Assistant) that my new aide will start tomorrow AND that my purchase order for Walmart came through. So now I need to print that purchase order out so I can go to Walmart on Wednesday morning to pick up the necessary supplies for our Winter Party that we’ll be doing on December 20th.

Crap. I just realized that I didn’t take a photo for the “hashtag” YuleFolkChallenge. I’ll add that to tomorrow’s entry then.

No comments:

Post a Comment