Thursday, December 14, 2017

Fuck it

written: Dec 13th

Photo for today:
20171213_115110

Postcard I received from Missouri via Postcrossing.com.

It never fails. As I near the finish line for the 365 photo challenge, I start forgetting to take fucking photos. ::laughs:: Though, technically, I started the challenge on Nov 10, 2016 (my birthday), so technically, I was done on Nov 10, 2017….but it just felt weird to stop in the middle of the month…and so close to the end of the calendar year. So I figured I would just keep going. ::chuckles:: Just 18 days left. I can do it.

I am all done with the staff mid-year reviews.
The choir insanity…um…I mean PERFORMANCE is done, so they won’t be mucking up my cafeteria anymore (for now).
But now PTA is setting up for their Holiday Shop AND their Breakfast with Santa….so yeah, my cafeteria isn’t 100% MINE yet. Damn, I’m territorial. ::chuckles::
BUT, after this week…the cafeteria will return to being just mine. And then on that Wednesday, we have OUR Winter Break party. And then that Thursday is early release…and I’m out from work until January 8th.

I plan to do some cooking – gonna try my hand at making madeleines.
I plan to do a LOT of cleaning and decluttering.
I plan to do a lot of journaling and reading.
Hopefully the weather will be nice-ish and I can take Josey on a number of walks.
But mostly, I plan to just decompress and relax.
I fucking need it!

And while I’m thinking about it – as much as I hate to leave things undone, I’m tossing in the hat on the two photo challenges I had going this month. Maybe I’ll finish them before the year ends…maybe not. Either way, I’m giving myself permission to not feel bound to do them. Maybe I can do them next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment