Saturday, December 9, 2017

Thankful Thursday #49

written: Dec 7th

#WinterSolsticeChallenge: Day 7: Hot Tea and Book

20171207_205055 

Um….yeah. About that. ::chuckles:: How about a cup of hot chocolate coffee and one of the articles I am reading for my Archives final? That counts right?

#YuleFolkChallenge: Day 7: Fireplace

20171207_205241 

So yeah…it’s a candle…but there’s fire. So, yeah, that’s what I’m going with. We don’t use our actual fire place (we have speakers in front of part of it) and we don’t have wood yet for the outdoor fire pit. So this is the best I’ve got for that particular prompt.

Yeah, so Alexia (one of my aides) snuck her phone into the gym and I caught her on it. I told her to go put it up and that she KNOWS she’s not supposed to have it. ::shakes her head:: Such bullshit. And then when they all came back from the gym, she just sat there, mean-mugging me for an hour. ::laughs:: She thinks she’s pissed now? Wait until I slap her with a write up about the phone – she’s getting that tomorrow. ::grins broadly:: It’ll also give me the chance to cover a number of other concerns I have.

But seriously? You gonna sit there, sulking, because I told you to put your fucking phone away (something you’ve ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN UP FOR)….and your mid-year review is Tuesday? How the fuck do you see that playing out? ::shakes her head:: And who the fuck sits and stares at their supervisor, pissed off, for a goddamn HOUR? Like seriously?

Anyways. On to the Thankful Thursday!

I am thankful for….
1. My wicked sense of humor. I swear it’s the only thing keeping me relatively sane these days.
2. I’ve read two new articles for the Final Essays in Archives – I just need to locate one more and then I can get to writing! The end is near for this class and I’m ready to knock this last assignment out of the fucking park.
3. That Choir hasn’t been in the cafeteria to practice for their upcoming performance this week. Last year, they were in the cafeteria every day for 2 weeks leading up to the performance and I was going home each day with a migraine. Thus far, no practice in the cafeteria and no migraines.
4. Rewatching Dexter again with the husband. Such a good series.
5. Having a house and having the money that we can run the heater on these days that have become cold.
6. The goofy and fun times with my students. They haven’t been as plentiful this year, due to the fact that I’m running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to train my staff or dealing with being understaffed. But the handful of fun times I’ve had thus far are the only thing keeping me going at times in this job.
7. That the meeting with HR was productive and that I was damn near calm the entire time. My anxiety usually races out of control, but it was downright mellow the day off the meeting. Now I just need to set up the meeting with Kelly (the program supervisor) and go through all of my concerns with her.
8. Was able to trade the godawful “Banish” oil for a MUCH better smelling “Hecate” oil. I love the Sage Goddess Perfume Trading Post group on Facebook. I’ve been able to trade off oils I don’t like and get ones I do.
9. The neighborhood crows have returned in full force once more, even if one of them has discovered if it sits on this one specific light post, its caw echoes. And it LOVES hearing its caw echo. ::laughs::
10. The year is winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment