Monday, December 18, 2017

Godzilla & Yule Ideas

written: December 17th

Photo for today:

20171217_183938 

We finally got the Godzilla artwork that my husband gave me for my birthday (back in November) framed and hung up on the wall. I love it. ::smiles::

I did some work up in my room on my Yule altar. I need to pick up red votive candles and white votive candles and I think I’m set for Yule. Still not sure what exactly I will do for the ritual, but I’ve got the altar set up. And I KNOW I will not be celebrating it on the 21st – that is an early release day, which means my after school program will start at 11 am and finish around 6:30 pm. Yeah, I highly doubt I’ll have the energy to do a ritual after all of that.

I dunno. Yule is one of those “funny” sabbats that really doesn’t mesh up with the environment/weather of Texas. We’ve had some cool days and all, but it doesn’t truly feel like winter until January. ::chuckles:: And I know a few years back we got hit with a nasty ice storm in March, so who knows what Mother Nature has up her sleeve for us. So it’s kind of hard to celebrate the “return of the sun” when we are still spending the vast majorities of our days above 50 degrees. ::chuckles:: Not that I’m complaining. I’m not a fan of cold weather. It’s the longest night of the year…I guess that’s something. ::shrugs::

Hopefully, we can get the fire pit set up and ready to go. I want a small fire for my Yule celebration for sure. And we need to toss in our Holly Sprigs to banish the negativity/ of this year. And it would just be nice to brew up some spiced mead, drink it around the Yule fire, and just celebrate togetherness. I think that’s a more than worthy “theme” for a Yule celebration. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment