Friday, December 29, 2017

Thankful Thursday #52

Photo for today:

20171228_122002 

Bushel of wheat I saw at Hobby Lobby – gotta remember this for next Lammas. It would be awesome to have for my altar. ::smiles::

I am thankful…
1. Winter Break from work AND from college. I am LOVING this off time right now.
2. Setting up my Gray Sketchbook Journal for 2018 AND my Bastardized Bullet Journal (BaBuJo) for January 2018. I’m getting excited now.
3. That even though the Madeleines recipe I tried out today didn’t turn out very well, I was able to find another version of the recipe that seems to be more promising. I’ll try that one sometime this week.
4. Able to FINALLY get the red and white votive candles I’ve been wanting for the last part of my Yule log today. SO. Hopefully, I can get that super belated Yule ritual done, along with my Tabula Rasa ritual, AND then kick off 2018 with a FULL MOON ritual on January 1st. So much witchy shit to do!
5. How much of a mood improver it is to simply have my finger nails painted. I may have to do this more often. And thus far, this nail polish has not chipped. Might be worth buying a few more bottles in different shades.
6. Took Josey for a decent walk today. I need to do it more often. I really fell off doing that once the time changed and it gets dark before I get home from work. I need to make it a point to walk her before I go to work once work starts back up.
7. That I discovered today at Walmart that they have my favorite black gel ink pens on sale – a 5 pack of pens (which last a pretty good amount of time) are just ONE DAMN DOLLAR. You know I’m going back tomorrow and picking up two more packs. That should keep me good on black gel ink pens for most of 2018. ::chuckles::
8. Wendy (my pen pal) mentioned that she’s taking part of a “Stitch from Stash” challenge – you set a budget for yourself $0 - $25 for the month and do your best to use up most of your “stash”. Granted, this is revolving around sewing, which I don’t do…but the concept could easily be applied to journaling. I think that could be a fun challenge for 2018. I’ll ponder it a bit more and it will probably end up on my lil list of Resolutions for the new year.
9. That my Mom made the drive up to come spend the day with us on Christmas Eve. We all really enjoyed the visit.
10. Doing a bit of clutter clearing on my computer and better arranging photos. I came across and was able to better organize various ritual photos I’ve taken over the past two years. I hope to get those properly organized and printed out and put into my Working Grimoire and I can begin planning for 2018’s various holy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment