Saturday, December 16, 2017

Crystals & Crazies

written: December 15th

Photo for today:

20171215_111003 

My amethyst with smoky quartz phantoms crystal point arrived today. This is the one that I saw on Shamanic Wands’ Facebook page and it IMMEDIATELY leaped out at me. Hell, I was asking Simon (the guy that runs Shamanic Wands) about that particular one mere seconds after seeing it. ::laughs:: He wasn’t even ready to sell them, but he made a good deal for me and oh my god. This crystal point is just gorgeous. Photos do not do it one iota of justice. There is so much flash and rainbows inside this. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and tomorrow I can do a small video of it to really show it off.

I finally finished Devoted To You: Honoring Deity in Wiccan Practice by Judy Harrow. I can’t recall when I started the book, but this is the first non-school related book I’ve managed to finish reading this year. ::chuckles:: All in all, a good book. Even though none of the deities presented in the book (Anubis, Brigit, Aphrodite, and Gaia) are deities I work with, the various personal practices that each person brought to their connection with that deity did give me food for thought. Now I just need to convert the scribbled notes over to something a bit more understandable and figure out which practices I will use in my own path.

Alexia dropped a bit of a bombshell today – randomly mentioning that she has Borderline Personality Disorder. From what I have read…it’s kind of like a more severe version of Bipolar? With psychosis and self-injurious impulses. I’ll probably do a bit more research, just because mental disorders intrigue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment