Thursday, September 19, 2019

Gamme

Photo 537/1001

0537

My mom sends the coolest stuff. She sent me another set of the T-Rex stamps and a peacock feather she found when she was down visiting my brother. And she sent a lovely lil note that I’ll put in my journal for sure.

So a bit more on the Big Project that I’m planning for the next year. I watched a video on YouTube by Freyia Norling about her Gamme – “Where I do my rituals and why: My Gamme”. In a nutshell, the Gamme is the spiritual house of the Saami people. Traditionally they are tipi shaped, but made of wood and stone and covered with sod so they blend in with the country side. And it got me to thinking…I want a Gamme…or at least my own version of it.

And my room is big enough, that honestly, I could build something along those lines inside (mostly due to how friggin HOT it gets here, along with all the damn mosquitoes). I’ve seen tons of DIYs about making tents/tipis for kids out of PVC pipes. So that’s my plan – to make a “tent” of some sort in my room. The sides will be made of canvas that I can paint with holy symbols. And inside, I can have furs and cushions to sit on. I plan to get a nice slab of wood that I’ll create an altar space.

The desk/altar I currently have will be a working altar. A practical witchcraft working area. But the Gamme…it will be the actual ritual space. It will be the space the Gods and Spirits and Ancestors will be welcome in. I’m seriously excited about this. And it’s a huge undertaking, as I’ll be doing all the work myself. Not to mention, it requires me to finally clear out the “art table (aka dumping ground)” to make room for this, which is no small feat in and of itself. But I’m super pumped and can’t wait to get started on this big project.

No comments:

Post a Comment