Monday, September 16, 2019

Friday the 13th

written:  September 13

Photo 531/1001

0531

My silly puppers laying out in the middle of the yard to get some extra sun. I have never seen such a sun-worshipping dog as Josey-pup.

Today was…brutal. We didn’t have our BIC aide. And our BIC student had a rough day. And then one of my runners took off. And Kaitlyn (aide), just sat and colored with some students…head down. Completely unaware of everything going on around her. ::sighs:: I’m really tired of having all these Coming-Jesus meetings with my staff. I NEED them to start stepping up and taking more charge with the students. It can’t constantly fall to me and Jess.

I got the call from my doctor’s office about my thyroid scan…during one of my student’s meltdowns. So once I got the kiddo calmed down and the report written up about it, I called them back. And sat on hold for a good while. Good news – no thyroid cancer. Like I didn’t even know that was something we were looking at? But, hey, I’ll take any good news at this point. I do have a few small nodules on my thyroid. So yeah, they want me to come in and do some more blood work. Good thing I haven’t done the gluten sensitivity testing yet. So I guess sometime next week I’ll go visit the vampires again and get all of those tests done. And I’ll be sure to hydrate and eat before doing said blood test. I have no desire to faint again. That was NO fun.

And then my mom was calling me at work – during student melt down #4 or #5. I honestly can’t remember at this point. So yeah, I called her on the way home AFTER work because there was just no way I could call her at work, after spending 30 minutes on the phone with my doctor. But we are good to go to see Oprah speak in February. Woohoo for that! I’m rather excited about that.

By the time I got home, I was operating on full mental melt down. I’m honestly surprised I didn’t just come home and hide under a blanket and cry. And it’s not even like today was really that TERRIBLE. It’s just that the whole week has been rough, and it just snowballed to today, and I hit my breaking point. Hell, I didn’t even want to leave the house to get 5 Guys Burgers, that’s how DONE I was.

But, I did send a copy of our student roster to our Spec Ed lead. They have some plans for some of my students that aren’t BIC level, but the kiddos still need some modifications. I’m hoping to set up a meeting for Monday to get that documentation. Because, I’m going to SHOW Esmeralda (my supervisor) how much we are dealing with and that we DESPERATELY need another aide. It doesn’t have to be a BIC or Spec Ed aide. We just need another PERSON who can be there for the entire after school program hours.

I am seriously worried about when it’s finally cool enough that we can take the students to the playground. I have 3 runners – one of which is my BIC kiddo. I have 3 other Spec Ed kiddos that we have to keep an eye on and two that have to be reminded to go to the bathroom every hour so they don’t have bathroom accidents. And THEN I have all my normie kiddos. It’s just a LOT to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment