Friday, March 9, 2018

WTF Wednesday

written: March 7th



Holy shit.  Today made up for yesterday not being its normal terrible self.  ::shakes her head::

The sub we had today, Debbie J……I honestly have no clue how she still has this job.  She’s old enough to almost be my grandmother, and can barely walk.  Her voice is so quiet, you can hardly hear her, even if no one else is talking.  And she doesn’t do SHIT for supervising the students. 

We had TEN injuries today while they were out on the playground – FIVE of which involved a student’s head.  This is a big deal, because if it involves their head, I have to not only fill out the standard Injury Report form, but I also have to call and personally speak with the parent to let them know their kid hit the head – no matter how MINOR it is. 

And when I finally had a moment that I wasn’t doing paperwork or talking to a parent on the phone – I took a group of students down to the bathroom.  I was looking out the big windows that overlook our playground, and I see Debbie on her phone….WITH HER BACK TO THE PLAYGROUND WHERE THE KIDS ARE PLAYING.  I watched for a solid 5 minutes before I got on the walkie-talkie and said “Hey guys.  Make sure y’all aren’t on your phones and are FACING where the students are.”  I didn’t want to call her out on the walkie-talkie, as every aide has one…but seriously?  I have to tell granny to get off her fucking phone and watch the damn students??????

I feel like I’m always complaining, but I emailed Esmeralda about it.  With Debbie being a sub, I didn’t know if I was able to write her up for this or not, as it’s a common occurrence anytime she’s on my damn campus.  Esmeralda wrote back saying to “document it where you keep your staff notes” (i.e. NOT an actual write up) and that she would have a talk with Debbie about it.  ::shakes her head::  I hate that I have zero confidence in my supervisors.  And I hate that it’s been this way for about 3 or 4 years now.  But it is what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment