Monday, March 26, 2018

Asses & Ornaments

written: March 25th

Alright. I finished up the Lesson Plan thing for my Digital Citizenship class. It is definitely not my best work, but it is what it is. Half assed is better than no assed. ::shakes her head::

In happier news, I got one of the two books I bought for my niece and nephew wrapped and packaged up. Lil Niece’s birthday is April 1st, so I’m getting that in the mail tomorrow. The other book, I’m holding on to until Lil Nephew’s birthday (August 3rd). I debated sending both books now, but figured this way, I’m already ahead for his birthday. ::laughs:: And hopefully his plastic snakes will have arrived, so I can send those along as well.

I sent in my class requests for next semester. I actually did it EARLY this time around, so I should get the two classes I’ve requested: Story Telling for Information Professionals (the class name sounds like it will be a breeze, but reading the description – I am pretty sure it will be not so breezy) and Information Resources in Culturally Diverse Communities. Hard to believe that next semester is my second to last semester. I should probably make an appointment with my advisor just to double check everything is still kosher. And I would like to get a bit more info on what to expect with the End of Program Exams.

Everyone in the neighborhood is cutting back their crape myrtles – which means there are BUNDLES of beautiful, straight sticks of all sorts of thicknesses just laying around. If I didn’t just get a wand that really captured my heart, I would be sorely tempted to take them to make wands. Instead, I saw these cool rustic “witch” ornaments a while back that look fairly easy to make.

Witch Charms

Don’t they look AWESOME???

So here, I have all these amazing crape myrtle staffs just waiting to be picked up by waste management. So why not snag a few and try my hand at making these ornaments? They would be fun to make and send to my various witchy friends and pen pals. And as soon as Michael’s sends me another good coupon, I’ll pick up a little wood burning kit and I can start playing around with it.

Husband is trying to convince me that a wooden dowel would be easier, but I’m actually kind of relishing the challenge of doing this all myself. Other than drilling the hole at the top. I’ll leave that to my husband to do. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment