Monday, March 12, 2018

Day One: Spring Break

Day one of Spring Break has been AMAZING.

After David went to work, me and Josey (the pitbull) headed to David’s room and took the most delicious 2-hour nap ever.

Then I took Josey for a walk around the neighborhood. Damn, we are both out of shape. My hips ache slightly from all the walking, and she was panting pretty hard, and we didn’t even do all 6 cul-de-sacs! Yep, gotta get back into the swing of walking her daily (and myself, because I really need it as well).

I mailed out three letters to pen pals….and received FOUR when I got home. ::laughs:: I HOPE to get all caught up by the end of the week.

I snagged lunch from Taco Bell. I’m sure I will pay for that later, but for now, that shit was DELICIOUS. ::chuckles::

Josey and I took another walk and I caught my first snake of the year:

20180312_185234

Another little Smooth Earth Snake. He was chilling on the sidewalk and I damn near stepped on him. He was in the shade so I think he just got too cold to move swiftly. So I picked him up and once he realized I wasn’t trying to hurt him and my hand was so warm, he settled in quite nicely. ::smiles:: I let him go in the hedges in front of our house. They offer a lot of leaf litter and soil for him to burrow into.

I also cancelled my appointment with the shrink, set up an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed (got some serious woolly worms going), and talked to Hazel about going to a Native Culture thing this weekend. ::smiles:: Not bad for the first day of Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment