Friday, March 16, 2018

Day Four: Spring Break

written: March 15th


Today much a MUCH more mellow day…even if it didn’t start out that way.

I headed over to Linda E.’s to get my eyebrows waxed.  Man, they were some bushy brows, lemme tell ya.  Because I’ve really been avoiding going back to Linda because she’s a SUPER Trump supported and everything that comes out of Trump’s mouth she treats as the word of god.  And um…yeah…I’m not a Trump supporter in the slightest.  And I have quite a mouth on me.  And having to stay quiet as she rants about how Mexicans and/or Muslims are ruining America because she is holding hot wax near my eyes is just more than I can take at times.

I headed into this appointment already talking about safe topics…but she quickly derailed them.  I had to sit there and listen as she ranted about how “those mentally ill people” are shooting up the schools, and how “those mentally ill people” should be locked away to keep everyone safe.  Um…mentally ill person here.  And even though I don’t currently own guns, the only person who would be in real danger if I DID own a gun?  Myself.  Because I am far more likely to commit suicide than homicide.  ::shrugs::  And then I got to listen to her rant about how we should be arming teachers.  And how “kids these days have no manners”.  I chimed in with a comment that I wish the training and education that the Special Needs kiddos receive, was made available to ALL of the students because, honestly?  My Special Needs students are the ones who can actually COPE with shit, without having a major melt down.  My “normal spectrum” kiddos don’t get those coping mechanisms taught to them on the same level as the Special Needs, and it’s the normal kiddos who are having the issues.  She shut that down real quick because “back in her day” parents knew how to discipline kids.  ::shakes her head::  I just shut up at that point.

But I did get her good on the way out.  She asked if I was still looking to work at the Vatican and asked if I had to be a Catholic to do that.  I told her the Vatican was actually pretty liberal in that, and that a number of the books they are publishing on line aren’t even Christian based.  I talked about the Aztec codex and the fact that the Vatican put up a BEAUTIFUL illuminated script of the Koran.  And I said, well it makes since, seeing as how Islam is just an evolution of Christianity.  From the look on her face, you would have thought I had shit on her floor.  ::dies laughing::  Oh I had her now.  I just ran with it.  She sputtered that there were a lot of things in Islam that wasn’t Christian.  I said, No duh.  It BUILT off of Christianity, but added its own flavors and thus became Islam.  Much like Christianity did to Judaism.  She just shook her head, so I explained it further.  I said that Christianity took the Old Testament (Torah), added Jesus and the New Testament and presto-change-o, you got Christianity!  She agreed with that.  I then said, so then Islam took Christianity (the Holy Bible) and added Muhammad, and presto-change-o, you got Islam!  She vehemently denied it.  I asked her why she thought those three religions are referred to as the Abrahamic Religions – they are all based off the original religion of Abraham – just some added new characters and new books.  She still maintains that Islam is NOTHING like Christianity. 

If I had had the time, I would have asked her to tell me the differences.  I’m pretty sure every issue she has with Islam, there is a quote in the Holy Bible of Christianity that endorses the same thing.  ::shakes her head::  Am I saying there is nothing wrong with Islam?  No.  There’s plenty wrong with it from a cultural standard.  But Christianity isn’t much better at times. 

I ended the conversation with asking her who should would be more comfortable hanging out with at a restaurant – a handful of Muslims or a handful of the members of the West Burro Baptist Church (scratch that, they are NOT a church, they are a Hate Group, plain and simple)?  She obviously picked the West Burro assholes because “they are godly folk”.  And at that I just turned and left.  I will not be returning to see her.  I just cannot stomach listening to her spew her idiotic HATE, and I sure as shit won’t pay MONEY to endure it either.  I’ll find someone else to wax my eyebrows. 

After all that…I just lounged around the house and took a late afternoon nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment