Monday, March 12, 2018

Beautiful Saturday

written: March 10th



I can’t believe I sat down and read the entire book Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen, today.  But I did.  ::laughs::  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that book in elementary school.  It’s nice to see that it is STILL enjoyable to read as well.  I’ve finished up my “Realistic Fiction Evaluation” paper for the Youth Lit class and I am officially done with school work for Spring Break.

Apparently the joke’s on me.  In the Youth Lit class, we only get ONE point for doing the weekly discussion PLUS two responses to our classmates’ postings.  I figured it would be a nothing or all type of thing so as long as I did the bulk of the work, I should be fine.  ::laughs::  She’s giving us FRACTIONS of a point on those!  I got 0.8 on one assignment because my post wasn’t more than 5 sentences!  ::laughs::  Geez, talk about splitting hairs.  But at least she LOVES my major assignments, and I’ve gotten 100% on those thus far.  ::rolls her eyes::  Man, I’m ready for this semester to be over.  I’m currently sitting with a 94.2 in Youth Lit and a 94 in Digital Citizenship, so I’m doing well.  No worries.

The husband is off doing his guitar stuff in his room.  Josey is snoozing away at my feet.  It’s a beautiful day, that I went and read my book (Hatchet) outside for a while.  Josey LOVES being out in the yard, just chilling, and sunbathing, and sniffing whatever the wind brings her way.  And honestly, I could stand to spend MORE time outside and LESS time on the ‘net, so it’s good for both of us. 

I spotted a decent sized Texas Spiny Lizard that I originally thought was Frank…but this one is over by the a/c unit and is a bit smaller than Frank, so I’ll have to name that one if it elects to stick around.  And Cletus the mockingbird (I’m assuming it’s Cletus…could be Velveeta – names from a joke done by Chris Porter – LOVE that comedian), has returned already.  Not much singing yet, but I’m sure that will kick off soon.  So yeah, I guess you could say that spring is finally here. 

My lil plants are doing well.  I’ll need to re-pot the veggie plants soon.  They’re still too small to survive outside, but need deeper pots.  Honestly, other than the tomato plants, I may just keep the others inside, in the little greenhouse thing attached to the kitchen window.  Rosebush is REALLY bushing out.  I suspect there will be a TON of roses this year.  She’s already twice as leaf-y NOW than she was at her peak last year, so I’m getting really excited about that possibility.  Might have to try my hand this year at making rose-water, since I’m pretty sure I’m going to have an over-abundance of roses.  ::smiles::  Such an awesome ‘problem’ to have.  The lilies and daffodils are still doing very well.  I should pick up some fencing for them, so I can move them into the side yard where they will get plenty of sun, but so that Josey can’t dig/chew on them.  I think I’ll add that to list of Things To Do Over Spring Break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment