Friday, March 9, 2018

Not So Terrible Tuesday

written: March 6th

I got a pleasant surprise today – Taylor R., one of my previous students stopped by to chat. She’s an 8th grader now, and was inquiring about working at the after school program. She was hoping to start next year, but I am pretty sure she has to be a senior to work here. Though, she would definitely be a fun one to have on my campus. I just really hope I am not still here when she’s a senior. I really hope that I’m in a library job that I am loving. ::smiles:: She was definitely one of my more INTERESTING students. ::chuckles::

I got all the reading done for the Digital Citizenship class. I just need to do the essay of it and then respond to two classmates. Then I can focus on the Youth Lit class essay and two responses PLUS the Realistic Fiction and Information book essays. And then I’m home free for Spring Break!

We got a sub from another campus today – Jessica M. She was a lot of fun! I would guess she’s a senior in high school, but man, she just jumped right on it and helped out wherever she could. I would love nothing more than to poach her from her current campus if that was even a possibility. ::chuckles:: But if she’s half as good on her campus as she was on my campus today, that campus supervisor would be stupid as hell to let her get away.

Leaving this entry with two photos from my walk with Josey today (I’m trying to get back into the swing of that).

Flowers on the Douglas Pear trees:

20180306_112139 

The flowers are pretty, but have this very strong, sickly sweet aroma that is both pleasant and unpleasant at the same time.

20180306_112206 

They are complete trash trees with very, VERY weak wood. They are prone to splitting and breaking and I’m very glad we don’t have any on our property.

No comments:

Post a Comment