Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Surgery Scheduled & Ostara

written:  March 20th


YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!  My doctor’s surgery nurse (the specific nurse who schedules the surgeries my gynecologist performs) FINALLY called me back. 

I will be getting the ablation procedure done on JUNE 11th!!!!!!!
So in THEORY….if my period plays its normal level of “nice” (meaning no EXTRA vindictiveness, just its typical vindictiveness)….my last period could be in MAY!  That would be beyond AMAZING.  I am over the moon about this.

Now, I could have had the procedure done IN May, but I don’t have any more paid days off, and I never know how badly my body is going to react.  So I opted to do it as soon as school let out (June 7th) and was pleasantly surprised to get the following Monday.  Apparently my gyno surgeries on Mondays and every other Wednesday, so I really lucked out.  And then she typically spends the summer months doing Doctors Without Borders, so honestly, it wouldn’t have surprised me if I had to wait until November (when I get a week off from work for Turkey Day).  But this works for me!  And hopefully, the surgery will be a BREEZE and my body will not throw a temper tantrum, and I can recover swiftly.

In non-uterine topics, Blessed Ostara!  Today is the Spring Equinox.  And I still have NOT set up my altar.  ::chuckles::  Surprise, surprise!  I dunno, I’m just being hit more with the fact that I do not connect with the standard mythos of the Wheel of the Year for 90% of the Pagan population.  I will be not having children (I got my tubes tied in 2011?  I think?), and this upcoming procedure will cauterize the uterine lining, so yeah, pregnancy would be one hell of a miracle.  So I don’t connect to the whole Maiden, Mother, Crone aspect of most Paganism.  And I don’t like the fact that the changes between Maiden and Mother are hinged on a male.  ::shakes her head::  Yeah, there’s enough of that out here in the real world, that I don’t want that in my spirituality as well. 

And then there’s also the whole thing where the Wheel of the Year doesn’t really sync up with the seasons here in Texas.  We have a much longer summer/growing season. 

I dunno know.  Maybe I’m just being overly cantankerous right now.  ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment