Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Well Shit & A Good Work Day

written: March 26th


Talk about one hell of a shock – it’s been announced that ProseBox is being shut down.  We have until April 15th to download/export/save our diaries, and then the website is going dark.  It’s like OpenDiary all over again.  I’ve noticed that PB has been having a lot of issues lately, but I never thought it would close its doors on us.  There are a number of people clamoring to take over to keep it running.  I just hope SimpleMind doesn’t pull a Bruce (diary master of OpenDiary) move, and refuse all help. 

A number of people have returned to OpenDiary when it started back up this year…but I cannot.  The only way I can describe Bruce is as a sadist asshole…so much mental/emotional abuse and manipulation.  I just cannot go back to that.  And to HAVE to pay to use his site now?  Yeah, no thanks.  I did go take a peak, and it’s still glitchy as hell, slow as molasses, and pretty damn plain to be honest.  I’m not paying for that shit again.

So now the question becomes, if PB DOES shut down…where will I go?  I have my backup blog here on Blogger.  But I don’t care for the lay out…and there is ZERO community there. 

Maybe I’ll return to written journals?  But I do like the interaction I get here (most of the time) on my posts and I know I will certainly miss that. 

In the meantime, I guess I’ll work on downloading my diary from here and see where the bulk of my buddies migrate to.

We had Emily H. out on our campus today as a sub.  I adore her.  She’s one of those who has no problem seeing what needs to be done and just doing it.  I got her feedback on my Sub Binder I’ve put together (it was talked about briefly at a staff meeting, and I took notes on what the subs would like to see in such binders).  Apparently, I am the only one who’s done that.  ::shakes her head::  Emily and I are from the “old guard” time, the time when our after school program was more Stand Alone than enfolded into the district, and we are definitely seeing a lot of this “eh, just wait and see” type mentality on a number of issues with the program now. 

It was nice to sit and really discuss not only the problems we see in our program, but ways it could be easily fixed.  And Emily has a very logical head in these things, and has the added perspective of seeing what’s going on at the other campuses as well.

Emily asked if it was ok if she emailed the supervisors, praising my Sub Binder.  It was nice for her to ask beforehand, as those types of praises usually turn into “Oh hey, why don’t you lead one of our staff meetings over it” offers from the bosses.  ::chuckles::  And we all know how much I love getting up and presenting things in front of large groups of people.  But hell, man, this is stuff they NEED to know and it’s crazy easy to just slap some things together.  It took me less than a week to get the bulk of it done.  I just need to add in our various Emergency Procedures and a map of the school and it’s done.  Though, Emily did also recommend maybe a little sheet for the subs to fill out about any concerns/issues they saw on the campus that day, or things they wanted to praise; and possibly a few extra Sub Time Sheets in case they need a copy.  Which, those would be crazy easy to do and add in.

No comments:

Post a Comment