Friday, March 16, 2018

Thankful Thursday

written: March 15th


I am grateful for…
1.       Spring Break.  Having this week off of all work and school work obligations has been down right magical.  I need this every month!  ::laughs::
2.       Finished my rough draft of 101 Goals in 1001 Days list.  I’ll mull it over and tweak it.  I’ve set April 1st as my start date, so I have a bit of time to finalize before I’m getting started.
3.       I spotted about two dozen tiny rose buds beginning to show on my rosebush today.  Squee!  I’m definitely going to try my hand at making rose water this year.
4.       Naps galore with Josey this week.  It’s been nice to get up, see David off to work, and then Josey and I head back to bed for a delicious 2-hour nap.  ::chuckles::  Gonna miss that next week!
5.       I elected to move the daffodil and lily planters to the back yard (that Josey doesn’t have access to), beside the rose bush.  They are enjoying a lot more sunshine back there.
6.       Catching my first snake of the year – and moving him to a safer place than the sidewalk he was lounging on in the cooler temperatures.
7.       That I was able to get my eyebrows waxed AND keep my mouth shut during the bulk of her mindless rantings (against the mentally ill, Mexicans, Democrats, how teachers SHOULD be armed, how this next generation coming up is going to destroy us all, etc, etc, etc.) until after all the wax was put away.
8.       That I have the ability to find a new person to wax my eyebrows, and not continue to subject myself to that level of hatred, nor continue giving my money to someone who spouts that shit.
9.       Good walks with Josey.  We didn’t walk today, but we’ve walked more this week than we have this YEAR thus far, so it’s not a complete loss!  ::laughs::
10.   Doing much better mentally than I have in a number of months.  And that most of March has been pretty stable as well for me.  Deeply grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment