Friday, May 24, 2019

Sleepy & Zip Ties

written: May 22

Photo 417/1001

0417

A very exhausted Wolfie with a sweet Josey pup standing guard in the window.

Today was our End of the Year pizza party with the students at the after school program AND the elementary’s talent show. Yeah, lots of moving parts for all of that. So even though it was just our standard 4 hours, I am BEAT.

It was pretty good actually. We had 69 of our 70 students there. Tomorrow is our CRAZY day (8 hour day AND the last day of the school year). But honestly, today was pretty calm, all things considered.

I randomly came across the Ziptie Jewelry etsy shop today via their silver halo crown.

silver zip tie crown 02

Now, I’ve seen crowns like this that cost $400+ and I’ve wanted one for years. But this one is made of ZIP TIES. Like, are you shitting me?

silver zip tie crown

Soooo, I think I may have found my summer crafty project. I really want to try to make one of these for myself. Just three supplies needed – zip ties (about 100), a thin metal headband, and silver paint. That’s it!

I was telling my husband about it and he was like “But why do you need it?” I don’t NEED it, I WANT it. And I’m gonna make it. ::chuckles:: He wasn’t being critical, just trying to be hyper logical at that time. ::laughs:: Once he realized that it was a creative thing/want, he understood.

I plan to wear it for my own personal esbat rituals for sure. I’m sure I could come up with some sort of costuming idea for Halloween utilizing the crown as well. And I’m thinking of making a golden one as well, to honor Sekhmet. I KNOW that the golden one would look incredibly BAD ASS with the red kimono robe that has golden glitter flames on it (that Jennifer K. made for me years ago).

I’ll need to get a foam head to put the crown on when I’m not wearing it (IF it turns out well enough to keep). It would look incredibly badass to have a silver crown and a gold crown flanking Godzilla at the top of my altar. ::laughs:: I’d spray paint the heads black or get black velvet heads for the crowns to sit atop.

No comments:

Post a Comment