Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mail Art

written:  May 10

Photo 405/1001

InkedInked0405_LI

Another amazing mail art piece from my pen-pal, Sorrow. I received a letter from her and from Cassie today. I seriously love my pen pals.

Much less shitty day today. I can still smell the Palo santo and anointing oil anytime I walk into my room. Love it. I seriously have to get my hands on some more of the anointing oil or really start working on testing out recipes. That might be a good project for the summer. And I want to make my own candles as well.

So wax, oils, gemstone chips, herbs, and candle wicks. Sounds like the beginning of a seriously fun summer to me. ::chuckles::

I think all of this witchy creativity spark is due in part to Taz (from the Hearth group) finally opening up her own witchy shop in Spain. I’m so excited for her and am loving the snippets she sharing with the group. She’s doing little videos to show her new shop space. And then after she got it painted. And then her big gemstone haul and most recently her herbal and tea haul. I’m am so happy and excited for her.

Plus, I’ve been hanging out on Pinterest again and coming up with some great creative ideas. I’ve been sketching some of them out in my little sketchbook. And while my sketches aren’t award winning by any stretch of the imagination, I can tell what I’m drawing, and really? That’s all that matters. ::chuckles:: While I couldn’t mind learning how to sketch better, I’m pretty ok with my ability right now.

Though I definitely do plan to pick up some beginner drawing/sketching books this summer and playing around with that as well. I’m seriously enjoying just doing what I can right now. And honestly, it’s because of one my students, Kalli, has been just sketching at the after school program. I like that she isn’t the best artist we have at the after school program, but she doesn’t let that phase her one bit. I need more of that in my life. So honestly, I’m grateful for this lesson. ::smiles:: Kids are the best teachers sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment