Saturday, May 25, 2019

Final Day

written: May 23

Photo 418/1001

0418

Christina, one of my awesome aides, surprised me with this today! ::laughs:: A case of the Mocha Frappuccinos that I drink EVERY DAY at work. ::grins:: I feel so loved. She’s the aide that I was training to hopefully take over my campus this coming year.

All in all, it was a pretty damn good day. Kaitlyn (high school aide) wasn’t there, but we actually got a sub (which is pretty much unheard of) – Trevor. He’s a great sub. I got some really nice gift cards (Starbucks and Amazon) and some REALLY nice cards. Quite a few of the parents are aware that this is quite possibly my last year, so I got a lot of hugs and a LOT of thanks and praise for all the time I’ve spent with their kiddos. The Rodriguez’s gave me THE sweetest card (their oldest was the one that wanted the pink safari hat), thanking me for all that I did for their two kids, along with a $50 Amazon gift card. I’ll definitely keep the card they wrote me. It seriously damn near made me cry. ::chuckles:: I will definitely be emailing that family and thanking them for their kind words and generosity.

I’ve figured out what I’m going to make for my “Goddess Representation” craft – a moon phase wall hanging. I’ll paint the phases on 9 slices of moose antler. Then I’ll string them on a length of rosary chain along the top of my altar. I’m actually really excited about this project. It’s one I’ve wanted to do for a while now, but just haven’t had the motivation to actually DO it.

I’ve already ordered the rosary chain. It just sucks that it’s coming from China, but it is significantly cheaper. I just hope they ship soon. And I’ve contacted the etsy shop that I hope to get the moose antler slices through. Hopefully they will set up a reserve listing for me, for the 10 antler slices (an extra one to practice on before doing the real deal) and I can get those ordered asap. I need to pick up another package of eyelets for the antler slices. The package I have only has 8 eyelets. The eyelets will be used to attach the antler slices to the rosary chain. I’m super excited to get started on this project. It just sucks having to WAIT for the supplies to arrive. ::chuckles::

And, because I know it’s coming, I’m thinking of what project I can do for the “God Representation” craft. I’m struggling with that one because the god doesn’t play much of a role in my Craft. There are one two that have hung around for more than a year – Cernunnos and Set. But again, they don’t play major roles and I don’t even have any altar space set aside for them. So I’m trying to figure out a craft that I could say represented the god, but that would meld well into my personal practice. ::chuckles:: I’m definitely thinking of decorating one of the shed deer antlers I have. Or maybe mounting the skull plate and antler set I have (from one of my brother’s deer) and decorating that?

No comments:

Post a Comment