Sunday, May 12, 2019

Flexible

written: May 08

Photo 403/1001

0403

Some gorgeous “blue sapphire” orchids I saw at Tom Thumb today when I went to pick up my thyroid prescription. Sucks that this med has gone up in price for me…but thankfully the monthly fee for internet went down, so I think it’s all balanced out in the end.

It’s been beautifully rainy and stormy here all day. I tried to take a nap with Josey but it was too cold in David’s room, so I eventually gave up on that. Plus it seemed like everyone and their dog was wanting to text me right then as well. ::shrugs:: Oh well. No nap.

Work crap is piling up as we are getting close to the end of the school year. All the various performances and award ceremonies and what not. We’ve still got to figure out for sure what day we’ll do our End of the Year party for the after school program. Then I need to write up the parent letter about it and get that going soon.

I love that Liam still stops by a few times a week to give me a hug before going to his new after school program. I got to show him photos of the Godzilla toy David bought me – Liam was sufficiently impressed. He’s a fellow Godzilla lover. ::smiles:: Man, I miss having that kiddo in my program. He truly is awesome.

Not much else to babble about. I’m in a holding pattern at this point about the college semester. The end of the semester is Friday, so I’ll know by that point what my grades will be. And I’m just going with the flow with the after school program at this point. You have to be flexible this final month, because there is just so much going on. I have all the end of year evaluations done for my staff. Just have to sit down with them and go through it at this point. My end of year evaluation is on Monday. No clue how that’s going to go, as I’ve kind of bucked the system a bit more this year than previously. Almost wish I had the money to do some fun color in my hair as a final bucking, but alas. I be broke right now. I wish I could say that I was choosing to be the bigger man, but it is solely about money. ::laughs:: If I had the money, I would have some fun color. Not even going to lie.

Now, though, I kind of want to look into how hard/easy it is to grow orchids. I wouldn’t mind having some of those in a wide array of colors. But I’ve heard they’re a bit of a pain in the ass to grow….so. Besides, I saw some pretty lilies of some sort at Wal-Mart the other day that both me and my husband liked. Maybe I’ll get a pot or two of those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment