Friday, May 3, 2019

Helpful

written: May 02

Photo 397/1001

0397

Yeah, this is my husband being “helpful”. ::laughs:: That’s what I get for leaving my white board downstairs.

Today was our end of the year luncheon meeting. I hung out with Emily H and Kelly (don’t know her last name) – all introverts. Hurray! Hell, I don’t even want to talk about it. It was normal, luncheon thing.

Oh, one thing I did want to say, I HATE the fact that our Supervisors do videos and photos of us and put them up on the after school program’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts without even asking us if we are ok with that.

Which, I know, sounds silly, given that I do have a Facebook account and my blog that I share photos of myself on. But it comes down to the issue of consent. The photos I share on my FB page and my blog are ones that I have CHOSEN to share. The ones the bosses take during our meetings? I have no idea what’s being posted until after it’s already posted and out there for the world to see. And I don’t feel like I can tell them not to do this, as they are pushing this whole “get outside of your comfort zone” and that we need to “rebrand” the after school program because so many people within the district don’t even fully understand what it is that we do. ::shakes her head:: So honestly, I would probably just get a lot of push back about me being a “party-pooper” and not wanting to be a team player and all that bullshit. And given that this will be my last year (hopefully), there’s no sense in rocking the boat at this point. But if I am back next year, I’m putting my foot down and saying something about it. I’ll push back, because I’m not the only one that feels that way.

Blah, don’t mind me. I’m just in a super shitty mood right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment