Friday, May 17, 2019

Migraine Mush

written: May 15

Photo 411/1001

0411

A shot from one of our huge boxes of packing peanuts.
I packed up two goody packages to mail out tomorrow – one to April and one to JoAnn. April’s was SUPPOSED to be mailed out in time for her birthday (May 4th), but I missed the shit out of that (due to a very weak paycheck). So, since this paycheck was a good one (ie, I can pay all my bills, put some into savings, and have a little left over to play with), I am mailing her package (and JoAnn’s) out tomorrow. I can’t wait for them to get them. ::big happy smile::

I battled a mid-level migraine all day. It finally went away around 8 pm. Luckily, today was the student’s Choir and Safety Patrol parties, so quite a few of them were gone until 5 pm. And then, since Kaitlyn (aide) had to leave at 5, we got Emily H. as our sub. Love her so much. She’s such a great sub and a great person.

I received a letter today from Becki (pen-pal). She’s a hoot and a half. She sent a blank copy of the pen-pal survey that I filled out in the previous letter to her. I’ll make copies to send to my various pen-pals. ::smiles:: And, besides, Becki writes the most entertaining letters.

I had a flash of inspiration when I was taking a shower today (isn’t that pretty much where inspiration always shows up?). I’m taking these daily photos for 1001 days. And the plan was to make them into a photobook through Shutterfly, but that shit gets SUPER expensive. So why not make them into a book that I can then have printed and bound at the library that I did my practicum hours at. It will be world’s cheaper that way as well. Besides, it’s not like all of my daily photos have been stellar ones, worthy of awards. ::chuckles:: And well, I’ve been wanting to try out their self-contained book press ever since I heard about it. This just gives me the excuse to do so. ::grins:: Kind of looking forward to that.

So yeah, I’ll need to download their formatted version of Word and start the LONG process of gathering up all the photos and writing up the notes to go with them. I’m rather excited at the prospect of doing this. Should keep me entertained/busy for a while.

Just one WEEK left of the after school program. And let me tell you, the staff, ME, and the students are ALL ready for summer break. I seriously wish we didn’t have a whole ‘nother week. But next week is all about the various programs and end of year parties, and then we are DONE. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment