Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Getting Close

written:  May 04
 
Photo 399/1001

59861990_2709137572446392_5262761313418870784_o

My spinach and onions are already sprouting! And I noticed two tomato plants are sprouting as well (seeds planted last year). Still nothing on the lavender, but I am doing my best to be patient. Wish me luck with that! ::laughs:: Patience is not a virtue I possess most of the time.

I spent the bulk of my day working on the Final Paper of Doom for the Resource Management class. I am about 80% done and it is 19 pages along already. So friggin’ BORING. It was boring the first time I wrote the various papers for this class. I swear, it has gotten exponentially MORE boring going back over it all. I just keep telling myself, this is the last class, this is the last class, this is the last class. As long as I pass this class (which I will), I won’t ever have to take this class EVER AGAIN. I have just got to push through to the end of this and see it all the way through.

I have already picked out my “reward” for when I finish this paper and turn it in – I am buying a beautiful resin cast of a crow’s skull. It will be part of a devotional piece / witch’s ladder thing for the Harpies. And since it is a VERY nice cast and coming from Italy, it is a bit pricier than I would like. But, that is my carrot I am dangling in front of my own face to get myself through this final hurdle.

I will need to figure out the rest of the logistics of this little project of mine, once the skull itself arrives. The size of the skull will dictate how long the witch’s ladder will be. Then I will have to play around with how long and how many pieces of dried rose cane I will use. I saved a cutting from last year, and it has been curing all year in my little herb window in the kitchen. I will also need to decide if I am going to paint said canes and if so, then what color(s) I will use. THEN, I will need to drill holes in the canes for the cord to pass through. And I know I will be using the oval larvikite beads I bought 2 years ago, but I need some other beads to be spacers. Not sure what gemstones I will use at that point.

And now, I kind of want to do a witch’s ladder for all of the deities/spirits I work with currently. It would just be a nice devotional piece to honor them. So one for Sekhmet, Cernunnos, La Lupa, Medusa, and Circe. I am even kicking around the idea of doing one for Godzilla. He is currently chilling on the top part of the altar desk, and I have always viewed him as a type of guardian. So why not? ::chuckles:: That should keep me busy for a while, making all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment