Friday, May 3, 2019

Better Day

Photo 398/1001

0398

One of my rose canes, HEAVY with blossoms. And there are over fifty more blossoms not in this picture. ::smiles:: My lovely lady is really outdoing herself this blossoming round. I will have no problem harvesting enough roses on the next round to make some rose water for sure. ::smiles:: I am looking forward to that.

Man, I was in a foul ass head-space all day yesterday and most of today. I know it’s because I’m just super stressed about this final paper, but it doesn’t make it suck any less.
I did print out the papers I’ve written thus far for the class so I can knock this final paper out tomorrow. I’m super tactile in that regard and do better with the paper in my hands – all 36 pages total from three papers. I may have been wayyyyyyyy off in my assessment that the final paper will be 20-ish pages long. ::sighs::

Apparently there is a 10 day stretch this month that is the Greek Festival of Kallyntaria and Plynteria – days devoted to cleaning temples, sacred spaces, and altars. So I think that will be the perfect time to properly dedicate my new altar space. Gives me plenty of time between now and the 19th to physically clean my new altar and start figuring out where shit is gonna go. ::chuckles:: Note to Self: Festival of Kallyntaria and Plynteria is May 19th through May 28th. I need to put that on my calendar. It would be a good “new” tradition for me – a specific set of days to really clean, cleanse, and bless my altars and my room as well. Maybe the whole house, if I can swing it. Besides, my house could seriously stand to be smudged, blessed, and warded against fae and unwanted spirits again.

Honestly, I would love to get my hands on a metal detector and see if I can locate those railroad spikes. I want to make sure they are still in place. Maybe pull them up and see if the sigils need to be repainted or touched up. Maybe charge them up again and then place them back in the four corners of the property. But I’m not sure where I would get one…because, honestly, I would rather rent one and I have no idea where I would rent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment