Saturday, June 9, 2018

SLEEP

written: June 08


Photo 69/1001

20180608_111707

The fabulous black diamond crape myrtle that we planted in Holly’s memory is finally blooming. I don’t think I will ever get tired of those rocket red blossoms. I can’t wait to see the myrtle fully blooming.

Man, for my first day off of work, I had all sorts of great plans of things to do. But what did I actually do? I took a 3-hour nap and woke up with a headache. At that point, I ended up watching a handful of episodes of The Following on Netflix. I guess I really needed the rest.

And then the hospital called, that I’m having my procedure done at, to tell me that there’s been a change in appointment times. Now I’m supposed to sign in at 7 am instead of 7:30 am. Which, wouldn’t be a big deal, except that my mom lives an hour-and-a-half away from the hospital. Which now means we have to leave the house at 5:30 am. And I’m NOT a morning person. ::chuckles:: But hopefully this means we will be done sooner and then can just come home and nap as needed. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome!

I came across an article about frugal witchcraft – using wooden matches for a simple, straight-forward spell craft. And I actually HAVE some nice wooden matches that I got along with a Yule candle I ordered ages ago. I’m not a huge match user – I prefer lighters because they are so much more convenient, but I’ve held onto the matches because you never know when they may be useful. Turns out, it just took me a few years to figure out what they were useful for! ::laughs:: So yeah, I’ll be doing that for a successful surgery AND to call in the monies to help pay for said surgery. Where there is a will, there WILL be a damn way. I’m far too stubborn to allow for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment