Friday, June 22, 2018

Hobbling

written: June 20

Photo 81/1001

20180620_190812

Mmm, Chick-fil-A. Yes, it’s the second time we’ve eaten there this week. But holy hell, today was a brutal day on both of us.

I spent the better part of yesterday, and ALL day today on my feet – and my body is SCREAMING at me. Everything from the soles of my feet up to my shoulders are killing me. Counting yesterday and today, I did over 550 MacBook Airs, and my body is feeling every single one of them. ::sighs:: Lots of repetitive lifting, moving, scanning, tagging, reboxing, and then shuffling them to a new pallet – the vast majority of it spent stooped over.

After dinner, David fell asleep while we were watching Jessica Jones. Most of the time, it would make me a bit grumpy (because I’m a spoiled brat, seriously), but today, I was like “Babe, take a nap. I’m going to take a hot bath”. And I hobbled upstairs with the book An Exorcist Tells His Story, by Gabriele Amorth – if you are reading it for the exorcism stuff, it’s a complete yawn fest; though if you are interested in Catholic philosophy on Satan/the Devil, Jesus, Mary, and demons, by all means, read it. I drew up a bath using Shift bath salts by Sage Goddess and just SOAKED. And when the water cooled off, I partially drained the tub and refilled it with hot water again. After that, I hobbled back downstairs and slathered doTerra Deep Blue Rub all over my knees.

I’m actually kind of happy that tomorrow I will be doing Deployment (handing out the new technology to the teachers that qualify for it) instead of working at the Warehouse. While I don’t care for dealing with the public, at least I will be SITTING down for the vast majority of it! Oh thank heavens for that miracle. Because I’m not sure I could do another day at the Warehouse with the Airs. I can hardly stand at this point, I am in so much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment