Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Blueberry Waffles & Chex Mix

written: June 11

Photo 72/1001

20180611_160822

I know. Yesterday was the 10th, which is my Selfie day. But the baby barn swallows stole the show. So here is my SEXY legs in their compression socks, post-surgery. ::laughs:: Ain’t they GORGEOUS?!?!?!

I sent this photo to my husband to let him know I was ok – mostly. Anesthesia kicked my ass seven ways to Sunday and then back again, I swear! The surgery itself and all that jazz? A fucking walk in the park. But holy hell, I’m on my way to AMAZING abs with all the seizing my stomach has done today to rid itself of ANYTHING it possibly can. ::shakes her head:: Yeah, I will be talking that over with my doc at my follow-up appointment and see what we can do in the future to minimize that, because it SUCKED SO MUCH ASS.

Major kudos to my Mom for getting up crazy early to drive me over there. To then sit in the room with me for 3 hours waiting for the doc to come get me. And then getting my meds. And then hanging out with all the throwing up and sleeping I was doing. To then drive me back home (threw up twice) and send my punk ass to bed. To THEN wake up at 3 am, to make sure I took my pain meds on schedule. That is some heroic stuff there, lemme tell you!

Apparently the secret food to getting over Anesthesia sickness is blueberry waffles (plain – no butter or syrup) and my Mom’s homemade chex mix and a lot of sleeping. ::chuckles:: Or at least, that’s what is working for me at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment