Wednesday, June 6, 2018

End of Year Party Day

Photo 67/1001

20180606_101229

Lovely little yellow flower (not a dandelion) framed nicely by a dead branch from a Douglas pear tree (complete rubbish tree as one of my neighbors learned when his massive one split completely off at the trunk during a rainstorm).

Today was a crazy ass day but it ended up being so much better than I thought it would be. We did our End of the Year party today at the after school program, so hopefully TOMORROW (last day of school!), the kiddos will elect to simply go home with their parents after their class parties and not come to the program at all. A handful of students I already know won’t be there tomorrow. I’m just hoping and praying and hoping some more that it will be like last year’s last day – where less than a third of my kiddos were at the program that day. Don’t get me wrong – I seriously do enjoy my students. But holy hell, can it be summer break yet?????

So Cici’s pizza and cinnamon rolls, plus soda and chips today. It’s crazy getting that all squared away for 66 students. But at the end of the day, it all went pretty smoothly and we didn’t get ANY pizza on the floor. That’s a miracle in and of itself. I think this is the first year that’s occurred. Yay!

Now tomorrow, we have two movies we are gonna put on for the kiddos. They can play in the gym or hang out in the cafeteria (watch the movie, draw/color, or play games). I have the bulk of the paperwork all alphabetized and sorted. I’ve printed out my mileage form and signed it. So all I have to do tomorrow is the final day’s paperwork, hang out with my kiddos one last time, and then gather up the computers and stuff and take it all to the main office after the last student leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment