Friday, June 8, 2018

Final Day

written: June 07

Photo 68/1001

20180607_205133

A slab of petrified palm wood that belonged to my maternal grandmother.

I am thankful….
1. To have survived the final day of the school year and that my afterschool program is officially over until the school year starts back up in August.
2. Kick ass storm that blew through during the final hours of my afterschool program. I got soaked trying to get stuff out to my car, but so worth it.
3. Got everything squared away for my upcoming surgery. I have my fingers crossed that this procedure will be a resounding success and I won’t have to deal with periods anymore!
4. The new FB group is so much better than the previous drama-bomb group.
5. That my aide Anthony won’t be coming back next year. He’s going to college about four hours away, so he won’t be back. He started off pretty good, but turned into a total douche bag there towards the end. So no, I won’t miss him one bit.
6. Esmeralda, my supervisor, complimented me on my blue hair. ::laughs:: And here I thought I was being a rebel! Though, I’m sure she’d had a different response if this was the BEGINNING of the school year, instead of the end.
7. The new-to-me Honda Civic my mom gave me. She bought my late aunt’s car, gave me her car, and will be selling my old Honda Civic. This car has POWER LOCKS! Like, I can’t tell you how excited I am over that. ::laughs::
8. And that my mom covered the out-of-pocket, gotta-be-paid-up-front cost of my surgery that took us BOTH by surprise on Monday. Granted, it’s getting added to what I owe her for the class I had to drop a few semesters back, and I could have covered the cost, but it would have drained me significantly financially. So I am deeply grateful for her aid in that matter as well.
9. For the gratitude various parents and students expressed…especially those who will be going on to middle school next year. Working with children really can be quite a thankless job, so any gratitude shown is NEVER a wasted gesture.
10. A slight break in the triple digit temperatures. Man, I have a feeling this summer is going to be a brutal one.

No comments:

Post a Comment