Sunday, June 24, 2018

Blah Book

written: June 23

Photo 84

20180623_100232

Taking a fun photo for the Hearth group. Nancy C. posted a photo of her with her coffee cup, wishing the group a good morning and a number of the other members had posted photos of them with their coffee cups. So I figured, why not? ::laughs:: Honestly, they post a lot of “good morning group” posts that I just don’t really understand the reason why…but I’m trying to make more of an effort to be a part of the group…so yeah. ::chuckles::

So my trade with Tanna arrived today. Love in a Bottle is a “meh” scent for me. I’ll wear at some point to see if that changes my mind about it. But just sniffing it from the bottle, I don’t really care for it. So it will go in my “to be traded” pile and I’ll wait until someone is actively seeking that perfume oil. And then I’ll see what new-to-me aroma I can get. Though, Tanna did kind of irk me. I shipped my part of the swap to her in one of the flat rate boxes. Yes, I am aware that it isn’t the cheapest way to ship them, but it is one of the fastest and safest ways. So she came on to thank me for the swap, but then wanted to tell me how I can save money shipping them a different way. I get it. I know all about it. But I chose to ship them the way I do. ::shrugs:: I don’t know why it irked me so bad, but I was very polite letting her know I already knew that info but thanks for telling me just in case.

I picked up the book Witchcraft: A Handbook of Magic, Spells, and Potions by Anastasia Greywolf from the public library. I don’t think I’ve been as utterly disappointed with a book right out of the gate like I am with this one. Granted, I don’t need a spell book, but I like seeing the ideas others have come up with – it tends to spark my own creativity in that realm. But half the spells in this book are Christian magick that invokes Jesus, God, and/or Mary. Count me out of that. And then the ones labeled “Gypsy” magick in some form, contain some form of animal sacrifice. I am not against animal sacrifice, as long as it serves a purpose, but it’s not something I see myself doing any time soon. At best, I would hunt a deer and use its death for magick, but also utilize the meat and hide and bones as well. So yeah, a quick flip through of this book, less than 5 minutes, and I want it gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment